I'm Rebranding My Blog!

Monday, January 25, 2016

Rebranding for 2016 is essential for making this year work, for me personally!

Hey there, everyone. So as you may notice, my blog is looking a bit rough right now. This is because I'm totally rebranding my whole site! There's a few things I'd really like to change.

VISUALS
So my visuals have been so weird and wacky since the very beginning. I haven't had a clear idea on how I want my images to look in my blog posts and the layout has most definitely been extremely inconsistent. Not a fan, right? Right. It looks messy and doesn't really go with the aesthetic that I'm aiming for. I will be changing the layout of the blog posts, which in turn will make me come up with a new color palette to work from. Also my header image needs work. I like it...but I don't, if you know what I mean. It looks good, just not what I'm wanting.

PLATFORM
Guys. And gals, of course. Blogger has been so friendly and it's super easy to use. BUT. It's really not cutting it anymore. Like sure, I could find themes that would look better, but I would still have the lack of plugins and still be wasting soooooo much time trying to find different codes for different things that Wordpress plugins can easily add into my coding. Like the Jetpack plugin for Wordpress? It does nearly everything, omg. I gonna test out Squarespace with the free trial and see if I can get a feel for it, but I have a feeling I'll ultimately be transferring to Wordpress (self-hosted, obviously). I'm not really worried about SEO because my whole entire blog topic is so freaking vague and I will never reach the top result on Google, let's be real here. Wordpress just seems so much easier. One drawback -- money. It's gonna take me at least 3-4 months at the very least to get transferred and set up properly. I can easily buy the hosting, no problem. But I will have to buy the Genesis Framework with one check and a child theme with another. And my fiance gets paid biweekly, and every other check goes to bills, so yeah. First check, Bluehost. Then I have to wait four more weeks to buy the framework, then four more weeks to buy the child theme. So that's at least three months, guys. Not to mention actually transferring the posts over and trying to match everything up to brand it with how I'm rebranding.

CONTENT
Okay this one is tricky. This one is actually the super hard one. Like mega hard. Extremely hard. Since the aim isn't so clear at this point, I'd like to let you know what my blog's about. My content is supposed to represent incorporating nature into everyday living. No this isn't saying you have to be vegan or eat only plants and use only essential oils for healing. Those things are great! But, that's not what I'm about. I'm about incorporating the tiniest amount of nature into something each day, even if it's opening a window and breathing fresh air to calm down from a screaming child. That's my whole point. Or even taking pictures of a blade of grass as you grow as a photographer. How about using a pomegranate for red/pink and a blueberry for blue/purple watercolor painting for your child instead of using toxic paints? Anything to help incorporate nature. Why? Because without nature, we literally wouldn't exist. We'd have no food, no air, no water, and so on. I wanna incorporate that into the simple things in life. Point is, my content has been nowhere near clear. I also plan on being a bit more organized with my Weekly Finds posts. I mean, they are supposed to be random, but I'd still like to keep it somewhat general to the focus of my blog if I can.

Keep in mind, the completion of this rebrand won't be done for a few months at the least, so bear with the lack of posts. I'll be posting once a week at least. Along the way, feel free to leave comments with feedback below - opinions, advice, or general chat.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I actually tried it for a few days before knowing I was charged annually for BlueHost, then had to cancel.

      Delete

design by amanda inez