How I Celebrated Halloween With a Small Child

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

All statements in this post are my opinion alone. Please do not think I am suggesting that you follow my statements as given law. You are the parent and know what's suitable and acceptable for your child.

Trick-or-treating has always been a Halloween tradition, but when you have a child that only makes it to 3 months old by that time, things can change. Living in a state where Winter practically begins in mid-October, I couldn't dream of taking my very young child out in that cold just for some candy. I do know people that have done so, and I do not look down on them at all. I just prefer not to. Instead, we celebrated here at home.

I bought a decent sized pumpkin, and already had a pumpkin hat that I got at my baby shower. I decided I would put my photography skills to use and take pictures of my little man. Of course, they still need to be edited since I took over 76 pictures total, but here is the most basic image.
celebrating Halloween with a baby - taking pictures in a pumpkin

It's not the best image or edit, but it was the most basic. The others are still being processed. That said, he was very cooperative and we could show off our Halloween spirit by still dressing up and using a food/item that is associated with the season and holiday.

After the pictures were taken, my fiance carved the pumpkin and took it outside to put a smoke bomb in it. It looked neat to say the least! We also saved the pumpkin seeds. We salted them and put them in the oven, which is the easiest and most popular method; however, next year I'd like to try them baked with cinnamon instead of salt.

How did you and your family celebrate Halloween?
Leave your comments below.

2 comments:

  1. He looks so cute! When my son was 7 months I put him in a pumpkin and he did great! My daughter was one month when I put her in last year and she hated it! We did go trick or treating this year, and it was a lot of fun! Our son loved it and could've gone all night!

    Chelsea
    www.lifewithmylittles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpkin babies are the cutest little beings. They are adorable! I definitely hope to take my little one trick or treating next year. Hopefully by then we will be moved to a better, more sociable city and he will be older so I won't worry about him being too cold.

      Delete

design by amanda inez