Minimal Wardrobe Resources by The Private Life of a Girl

Sunday, November 22, 2015


Image credit goes to The Private Life of a Girl

This week I came across the most fabulous fashion blog: The Private Life of a Girl. Now usually, I won't bat an eye at fashion unless it's talking about color inspiration or just inspiration in general. I don't typically look at styling tips and guides, and other related subcategories. Just inspiration -- moodboards, collages, etc. In this case, I couldn't get enough. I absolutely loved reading the articles in her Minimal Wardrobe series.

THE ARTICLES




HOW THE ARTICLES AFFECTED ME

After reading her articles, I really realized that I had too much clutter; not only in clothing but in all items. I personally love minimalism but find it a deep struggle to live minimally. I live in a house where things are hoarded by all occupants (including myself) and where there's no room for storage, so clutter is everywhere. I often dream about the day Teddy and I will be on our own in a home with all white walls, green succulents, a work/blog space, an actual nursery for my little one, a kitchen to actually cook in, lots of lighting, a shower, and most desirably, a room that has space with a closet. We currently have two dressers: one for my clothes and junk, and one for his clothes and junk. It doesn't give us much space for anything. I have clothing from 6+ years ago, simply because I can still fit into them -- but the problem is I don't wear them. I've thought several times about giving them to Salvation Army or Goodwill, but since we are financially struggling, I've been trying to find a way to sell these items. Well, there's a setback -- they aren't designer brand, or even decently popular branded. They are brands that come from Target, basically. No one wants to buy that unless it's at a secondhand store, or at a yard sale maybe. Seeing as Winter's just begun, though, I don't see a yard sale anytime soon. But this takes away from my point. Do I need those clothes? I don't wear them. I would probably have more drawer space if I got rid of some of them. Same with regular items. Do I need to keep that llama sticker that I got randomly two years ago? Sure it's small and can easily be stored in a small keepsake, but do I need it? I don't have anywhere at the moment to put stickers or notes, so what's the point in having that sticker? Why not give it to one of the several kids in the family that actually have somewhere to store stickers? You see my point? Her articles were really an eye-opener, and since I felt so inspired, I just felt that I had to share. So good check her out now!

What gets you motivated to de-clutter?
Leave your comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

design by amanda inez