New Feature Series: Small Changes

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

hazygreenroad small changes feature about getting motivated

If you've read my about page, then you know I don't have the easiest, or most luxurious, life. I struggle to stay motivated because of the lack of room in this house, the darkness from not having many windows, the clutter with nowhere to put it; the list goes on. I'm just not motivated. I see these bloggers that have everything. They have room for their lighting kits to make wonderful images for their posts. They have iPhones that can hold every app needed to run their blog. They have money to buy the cutest minimalist clothing for their kids. I want to live like that. I want to at least be able to bring in income where I can improve my blog. I love simplicity, but I feel like there's so much missing because of money limitations. But you have to start somewhere. I know that it's not a great idea to compare yourself to bloggers that have been at it for awhile, but a few examples of how I'd like to improve on everything (not just blogging) include Bleubird, Going Home to Roost, and House of Muses. I'm inspired by many more blogs, but these are just a few. The point is, I'm starting to make these small changes to improve my blog as well as my life. As I improve on things, there will be a post to go with it explaining what change is made and how it makes things better. So buckle up and get prepared for the small things in life that can easily be improved.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Everyone starts small! I used a small digital camera for almost two years, and didn't get vinyl backdrops until a few months ago. It takes time, but you'll get there!!

    Chelsea
    www.lifewithmylittles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually already own a DSLR, lighting kit, and backdrop. I just don't have the space to set it up. It's so dark in our house that even with window light I have to set my camera's ISO to 6400, even when the shutter speed is at like 1/20. Aperture is always kept at f/4.5 ...it's just that dark. But thank you so much for the good luck. I need it :p

      Delete

design by amanda inez