Small Changes: Browser Background

Monday, December 28, 2015

hazygreenroad small changes #1

If you don't know yet, I'm starting a Small Changes series about how to get my behind motivated. The first thing I changed, almost immediately, was my Chrome background theme. I mean, c'mon, there's a huge difference here.

The PROBLEM:
doctor who chrome theme small changes hazygreenroad

First of all, I love doctor who. So at one point I thought, "Why not just get a 'who' theme? It will literally make me so much happier!" Well, it did for awhile, but since I've started my blogging, it's not the most motivational. While it holds tons of contrast, it's also very dark. I already live in a dark home with minimal sunlight (trust me, this isn't my choice), so the last thing I need is to add more darkness on top of that. What also really bothered me is that I couldn't see darker favicons because they blended in with the tabs. You also can hardly see the close button for each tab with this theme and sometimes I'd prefer to close a tab I know I'm not going to be looking at, rather than accidentally clicking on the whole tab and switching over.

THE SOLUTION:
marble chrome theme small changes hazygreenroad

Notice how much brighter the marble theme is? It may not hold the contrast that the doctor who theme holds, but for me, the brightness keeps me a tad bit more awake and motivated than before. Brightness just all around gets me in a happier, more uplifted mood, so this is just a small step to take to get things going in the right direction. Not to mention that the favicons and close buttons are very easy to see with this theme.

Next I need to work on cleaning up the tabs and stop opening so many!


Do you think this is a good first step for a blogger to get inspired?
Share your thoughts int he comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

design by amanda inez